No one ever plans on getting in an accident, and often, many drivers have no idea what to do when one happens. While there’s a good chance that your vehicle will end up at our friendly neighborhood http://jacksonvilleluxuryblog.com/viagra-doses/ department for repairs, it’s important to know what to do after a crash so your repairs are paid for properly by your insurance company.
Five Steps to Follow After Getting in an Accident
Let’s say you’ve been involved in an auto accident. What do you do?
- Check yourself for injuries. If you or anyone else is hurt, call 9-1-1 immediately for help. If you are injured, try to stay put and wait for emergency personnel.
- If possible, pull off to the side of the road to get away from the busy street. Turn your hazard lights on if you haven’t already.
- Even if the accident is minor, your next step is to call the police. Using 9-1-1 is appropriate in this instance. In many states, calling the police after all accidents is the law, and not doing so can get you in trouble.
- While you’re waiting for help, exchange information with other people affected by the accident. You’ll want to get their full name, address, and phone number; insurance company and policy number; a photo of their driver’s license and license plate; the make, model, and color of their vehicle; and the location of the accident.
- Take as many pictures as you can, including all angles of both vehicles and the scene of the accident as a whole. This could help insurance adjustors later on. Jot down the police offer’s name and request a copy of the accident report.
The more information you gather after an accident, the easier your life will be when you work with our body shop at our Alfa Romeo dealership. We’ll help however we can here at Alfa Romeo of Santa Monica.